Thursday, March 28, 2013

Raise Your "T" Flag Proudly!!

I can't wait until all the games are on TV!  Then I can watch my beloved Cubbies on any number of bar TV's all over Chicagoland.  There's nothing like ponying up to the bar with my best buddy, the lovable Lou Sears, and watching the game with a cold one or 6.  But alas, it's spring, and only the Royals TV televised what proved to be a wild "Tale of Two Ballgames."

The first half was all Royals.  Scoring 7 runs in the first 4 innings, while socking 4 home runs, including back to backers against Cub newcomer Scott Feldman.  The Royals scored 2 runs before Feldman even recorded an out! Yeah....Feldman was bad, really bad.  Let's just hope he's working on a new grip for his sinker ball.  Not that he out and out sucks.  I mean he was 6-11 with the Rangers last year with a 5.09 ERA.  That kinda sucks right?  I just hope Dale only starts him when the winds blowing in.  So, while I sat at the Carol's bar in Uptown with the lovable Lou Sears last night, checking the score on our iPhones, I figured I was gonna have to write a repeat of yesterdays post.  When the Cubbies got spanked and spanked hard!  But this was a tale of two ballgames.

Things really kicked off for the Cubbies when they put up a 5 run 8th, pulling within 1 run.  I love the extra base hits too!  DeJesus tripled, Valbuena doubled, as did Navarro.  BTW.  I really wish I could have seen Navarro running to second, because he hit that ball way into the right field corner, and any faster player would be standing on third.  (Tony Campana would have scored most likely with an inside the parker), if he could hit the ball that far.  I kid Navarro...I kid!  But He's fat and slow.  

 Zach Putnam (minor league Cub) gave up a run to the Royals in the bottom of the frame.  But the Cubs came back in the 9th to tie it.  Where the game stayed knotted through a scoreless 10th.  So raise your "T" flag!  We tied the Cactus League Champion Royals!

What I liked most about this game is the battling back of the Cubbies.  Losing by 6 in the 8th is usually a pretty good indication of how things are gonna end up.  But not this team.  These Cubs are young.  And it truly feels like they believe in themselves.  And 5 run innings were certainly hard to come by last year.  It would be nice to see a few more of them.  This is why I never leave a ball game early.  Hell, if they can score 9 runs.  We can do it too!  That's the attitude I like to see!

Another thing I liked seeing, was Dionner  Navarro running down the first base line still holding his bat on a clean single.  As if he was going to beat down the first base man when he got there.  I have a feeling Navarro will be a huge source of hilarity over this next year.  I like his style.  

So...we've almost made it!!  A 2 O' clock Start against Seattle today, and then two in Houston.  That's it.  3 more games.  3!!!  Let's get this party started!!

Today it's Villanueva v. Iwakuma.  And it's the last game at Ho Ho Kam.  I have a feeling there will be a lot of teary old white men in Mesa today wearing weird Indian lapel pins.  Personally, I went this Spring for the first, and last time, and the joint is a shit hole.  I'm glad it's going away in favor of something nicer like the Giants have.  (I saw the Cubs there too).  

3 more games!!!!
Go Cubbies!



No comments:

Post a Comment