Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Boring Cubs Game; No Runs, No Fun!



It all started with one of the worst anthem's I've ever heard....



A waste of an anthem, a waste of a great start by Travis Wood, and a waste of 2 hours and 27 minutes by me.  Plus the 39$ I spent getting drunk at the Captain Morgans Club on Gin and Soda.  You got my 40$ Cubbies.  Wanna spend it on someone who can actually hit?  In the end, the Cubs collected 6 hits, and struck out 12 times.  And of course they lost the game 2-0.  Yawn.

The only positive I can give about this game, is that it was a beautiful night to be at Wrigley Field.  Twitter was a fine companion, and I got a ton of great pictures of the old girl as the sun set over one of the most boring games I've ever been too.  At a point, I couldn't tell if I was watching a pitchers duel, or if the Cubs just plum suck at hitting.  I think it was a little of both.  Either way, I was bored, and then drunk, and then drunk and bored.  Of all games to go to by myself....ergh...

The Sun goes down over Chicago, as Travis Wood Strikes em out!

Love Birds at Wrigley.

We coulda used Billy's bat last night...

The "D" stands for Dull...as in this game was duuuullllll.....

Night.

The only one of these buttons that actually works....

A view from the bike racks....

Billy Cub still perpetrating mascot activities....what part of "cease and desist" do you not understand?

Well, we'll just have to win tonight.  Homer Baily 7-10, 3.73 goes against Jeff Samarejbv984hr, 6-11, 4.23.  Of course, the Cubs are gonna need to score to win.  That's how baseball works.  

And tonight, the Cubs will be honoring Ernie Banks at a pregame ceremony. Ernie will be given the presidential medal of freedom.  Not sure what Ernie did except be a great guy who hit a bunch of home runs, and uttered the memorable catch phrase "Let's Play Two".  But hooray!  Maybe Obama will be a Cubs fan now because the Sox suck so bad.  

http://www.sonranto.com




No comments:

Post a Comment