Thursday, July 11, 2013

Worst Cubs Game Ever...Great Times

So, I had a bet going yesterday at the end of the bottom of the 5th, when the score was Angels 11, Cubs 1, what the final would be.  I said 12-2, she said 13-3.  We were both wrong, Cubs ended up losing 13-2.  Shark Samarskdjbfer298r said it best after the game.  "They kicked my ass today".  It's true, they did.  Scoring 5 in the 1st, 6 in the 5th, (pouring it on), while the Cubs only scored 2 runs on 5 hits.  Yeah.  Ass kicked.  But you know what else kicks ass?!  Sweet Baby Rays BBQ restaurant on Clark!  A tender and juicy half slab of ribs smothered with Sweet Baby Ray's competition sauce.  Some meaty wings, poblano infused Mac and Cheese, all washed down with 3.50 cent Revolution Ale pints?!  Yes Please!!!  My server Missy said she's worked at another BBQ restaurant in the past, and Sweet Baby Rays makes the freshest food.  Where as at the other BBQ joint, they made the stuff the night before.  All this BBQ is prepared day of.  And let me tell you, the food is awesome, decently priced, (2 people ate and drank heartily for 50$ tip included), and they have dozens of delicious tap beers, local brews, and fried pickles!  Go there and pregame!!!!


Notice how I'm wearing a red shirt in this pic.  Well, I didn't have time to go home for my Cubs shirt, and I certainly didn't want to look like an Angels fan, even though last nights blowout would have been an appropriate night to switch allegiances.  But I had seen a 5$ T-Shirt stand just North of McDonald's on Clark.  I decided to root through their "Spring Training 2012 shirts, and expiring unseasonal Blackhawks t's, to finally settle on a Harry Caray shirt that says "Holy Crap! Sox Still Suck".  Given my recent experience of getting kicked out of Busch Stadium for defending Cards fans wearing a "Cubs Suck shirt" I found it appropriate that I would join in the "your team Sucks" festivities, and see what kind of trouble I can get into in this shirt in the future...

The game sucked, but the beer was flowing.  Did you know that Becks Saphire, sold at select stands, is a 6% alcohol beer?  Yeah...that's the way to do it folks.... Anyway...these guys were there....watching it all unfold...

Is that they're last name?  Cause those two little men look like they're on a Boycation.

Ahh....the Coveted Paul Maholm Jersey!

Ahh...the coveted Doug Dascenzo jersey....classic.

Had a twitter conversation with someone after posting this pic, about how she was born 3 years after Dascenzo played for the Cubs....ugh...I'm old....

But it was a beautiful night.  Bumped into Katelyn Kelley, one of the fan photo employees of the Cubs.  We also chat on twitter.  
For the first few innings, before I went down to smoke...I actually sat in my seat!  Not a usual for me...

And it all looked like this from my coveted fence leaning seats in right field.

And finally, it looked like this....

Beating traffic eh?


I think my friend Katelyn Kelley said it best in her Twitter Post from last night...


http://www.sonranto.com







No comments:

Post a Comment