Wednesday, April 10, 2013

From a frigid rooftop!

Well, after attending 4 games (2 spring training), I finally saw the Cubbies win one! Clutch hitting, good relief pitching, and all in sub arctic temperatures. At least they were sub arctic sitting on that damned roof top. The nice thing about the roof top is that you could stand on the patio and jump around. Which I did. We also boxed a bit. But that was more because we were drunk to hell. The other nice thing about a roof seat is the camaraderie you feel with other die hard cubs fans. Especially in freezing temperatures on the roof. I interviewed a guy who's obsessed with Ryne Sandberg and the 84 cubs. Ill have him on the podcast tomorrow. He thinks the Cubs can win this year by being buyers at the All Star break. I'm skeptical and so was his son, who thought I was just making fun of his dad. I wasn't. I actually liked the guy and when people booed Marmol on his way into the game. The guy reprimanded everyone and said, hey we should be supportive! This is our guy!! He went on to say that booing your own guy is like yelling at your son for getting a bad grade. He said you gotta encourage people if you want them to do better. I agree.

In other news, the Lovable Lou Sears, who was supposed to be in attendance at this game was a no show. Apparently, he attended a wine event on Monday night and could not be found more than 3 feet from a toilet all day Tuesday. I will be sure to make fun of him during the podcast we will record tomorrow. Hopefully his gout is better.

So tonight. If the game happens. It's cold and rainy as opposed to just cold last night. Kyle loshe and chinstrap Scott Feldman are going. I've said this on the podcast. I'm not real high on Feldman. But he's just pitched the one time. So I suppose I'll give him another chance. Either way. A win will get us some momentum into Thursday where the Cubs will have their work cut out for them facing the world champion Giants for 4 games. Ill be there on Thursday for my free texting gloves and Sunday because I'm trying to corrupt my born again cousins son. Figured Wrigley's a good place to corrupt him. Don't worry people. He's over 21. And so am I. God am I.

Lets go get em tonight Chinstrap!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment