Sunday, June 30, 2013

Cubs Throwback Uni's Hilarious as Always

  It was throwback jersey day in Seattle yesterday, which means the players looked like they were wearing pajamas...I couldn't get over the idea that when these uni's were actually worn, no brown people would have been allowed to wear them.  Fashion aside, I find it strange to celebrate some false idyllic past, when the people playing wouldn't even have been allowed to play.  I'm over thinking it I know....but this guy...who hit the game winning homerun in the 11th inning....


Would not have been allowed to play with this guy....


Either way, these throwback Uni's were much better than some of the other ones I've seen gaudily hanging off the backs of the players...remember these?


I like the logo, but it was obvious there were no gays in baseball at the time.  As no self respecting gay man would ever let the midwestern blue of the batting helmet clash with that navy.  They look like long johns, all that's missing is the butt flap.

Or how about these?


Frankly, it looks like it says "UBS".  Obviously, a lack of graphic design budget in 1918.  Castro looks like he's about to go break rocks on a chain gang.  Not play baseball!  Also, if they're gonna do this throwback thing right.  They shouldn't allow wristbands and Under Armour anti perspiration gear.  All wool baby!  Starlin wouldn't make it through the second inning if he had to wear what this guy wore....


He'd just as soon lynch you as play baseball.  I heard he worked as a cattle driver in the off season.

Check out Soriano in the same Uni....All I can think of is Shawshank Redemption....give him a  white fro, a beard, and a great voice over voice and he's freaking Morgan Freeman!


Now, my favorite throwback Uni's, that is, the ones I find the most repulsive, and proof that history is best left in the past....are these....as I am still bitter about 1984, I'm gonna pick on the Padres....


Whoever designed these "Pee and Poo" colored uniforms needs to get their eyes checked and a pink slip.  Repulsive is too good a word for these uniforms.  If I were a shortstop on the opposing team, I'd make 5 errors that day because I wouldn't be able to stop giggling at how ridiculous the Padres looked.  

Well...since we're on the Uniform tip, and I don't feel like talking about the fact that the Cubs won 5-3 on a Soriano 2 run shot in the 11th, Kevin Gregg's first blown save, Bogusevic's bad defense, or Catro's "even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and again" home run...here's more hilarious uniforms!

\
LSD was still legal then....

Hobbies:  Tanning beds, laundry, synchronized swimming

Ummmmm.....

You wanna knock boots?

The Eddie Munster....

Wow...just wow....

Cubs play the rubber match at 3 in Seattle.  In honor of Gay Pride, I think they should play in drag...Darwin Barney would look smashing in a dress!
















No comments:

Post a Comment