Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Awesome Fight in LA! Cubs Lose!

It really is not worth it to talk about last nights Cubs game, because it was the suckiest suck that ever sucked.  When I turned on the game in the top of the 6th, after returning from Dave and Busters, I thought I'd sit down to a nice 3-1 ballgame, and hangout with my Twitter friends, but alas.  Things changed and they changed fast.  The Reds scored 6, all charged to starter Matt Garza, who gave up, gulp, 9 runs total yesterday.  Despite the Cubs, ummm, 4 errors, all 9 runs were earned.  The Reds hit, damn, 4 home runs and 4 doubles.  And at the end of this game, the Cubs lost 9-2.  This is what happens when good teams play bad teams.  The bad teams get their, ouch, asses handed to them.  This game was nothing but a laugher.  Worst of all, Starlin Castro went 0-3, and is now batting, oh jeebus,  .240.

So, yeah, nothing about last nights Cubs game is worth talking about unless you're a Reds fan.  But....

Soooooo much more happened on the West Coast last night.  Awesome baseball fight!  It started in the 6th, when the Dodgers Puig was hit badly by the pitch.  I mean, this dude seems hurt.




An inning later, Dodger pitcher Zack Greinke was hit by a pitch!  Right in the face!
Then this happened.....


Pow!  Zap!  Bomph!!!
 Crack!  Bang!  Thwack!!!
Boom! Bop! Boing!!
I'm coming for you next ump!!! 
I will seriously stretch out your shirt!  Watch me! 
Break it up....break it...ahh...what the hell...fight! 

You smell!  No you do!   
 I know I'm short and bald, but I know Karate!
Eat Railing!
Ahhhh!!!! 
 You wanna see my shrunken balls?!
Fuggaitaboutit! 
The old butterfly shadow puppet....
Wanna see our pimp walk?

See, much better than talking about how Darwin Barney is batting .201, but for some reason is batting lead off, and Cody Ransom committed 3 of the cubs 4 errors, and Soriano strikes out, like, um, most of the time.  Yes.  The fight is more entertaining.

I'm going to Wrigley today, weather permitting, hopefully something like this awesome baseball fight will happen.  But I doubt it, the Cubs look dead.  Besides, Aroldis Chapman and Joey Votto  of the Reds could take like 5 Cubs each at a time.  We'd get beat in the game and the fight too....At least  Carlos Marmol would come in handy, he seems like he can fight.  

Anyway, the game's going to get rained out, but Mike Leake 5-3, 2.93 goes against Travis Wood, 5-4, 2.65.  These are two great hitting pitchers, and if we are going to win any games this series, it will likely be this one.  But alas, here come the rains....

No comments:

Post a Comment