Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Damn Cubs!

Did Dale Sveum just forget who Albert Pujols was in relation to the Cubs?  Did he forget that sometimes, it's a good strategy to walk a great hitter when you have first base open, one out and a man on second.  When Poo-Holes strode to the plate, I said to the gentleman passing the pipe to me, well, "Walk this mook, and take your chances with Trumbo, maybe get outta the inning with a double play". And then I said, "pitching to him?  I don't like this one bit!"  Then...well...what I said next after Poo-Hole's go ahead, 2 run homer in the 8th inning, I will not print here...but it went something like this!


Yes....Damn.

And the Cubs lost 4-3....

What the hell is wrong with Sveum's brain?  Did Robin Yount take out a little of Sveum's cerebral cortex when he shot him during the off season.  It's a very simple and obvious strategy.  Walk the guy who always kills us, and take your chances with the new guy.  UGGGHHHHH!  It's maddening!!

Sorry for the hyperbole, but I've never wanted to see Sveums head on a pike more than after last night, or should I say early morning.  West Coast trips when we lose late are the freaking worst ,because you're like, "I freakin stayed up for this?!"  Sveums other brilliant move, which I've been saying he should do for two weeks now, was to move Starlin Castro to the 7 spot, and let him figure out his hitting troubles. So far, it hasn't worked, Castro continued his slide going 0-4 and leaving 4 on base.  I'll be patient with this one, because Castro is one of the main guys the Cubs are building around.  I'm not happy about this, as I believe Castro to be a relatively stupid ball player.  Or should I be nice, and say "mentally lazy".  Anyone see that play last night when he checked the runner going to third, and took his time throwing to first, only to throw late by a step.  Yeah...that was dumb....



Valbuena htting second was kinda weird too.  I don't know what the hell the order should be for these AL, DH, road games, but let me take a Dr. Gonzo Crack at it.

DeJesus
Sweeney 
Rizzo
Schierholtz 
Soriano
Valbuena
Castro
Castillo
Barney

B-T-Dubs....I like Ryan Sweeney, so lets make sure we trade him for some Tommy John surgery guy before the deadline.  That would rock!

Well....it's already getaway day in Anaheim.  Another day off, and then back to Chicago to face the Pirates.  Tonight it's Matt Garza vs. Jason Vargas.  C'mon boys.  Games at 6pm central.  

In the meantime, why not support http://www.sonranto.com by using the Amazon search bar at our site?

And check out the new podcast!


No comments:

Post a Comment