Friday, June 28, 2013

I Must Be in the Front Row!

Some of you may be too young to remember, but in the 80's, there was a Miller Lite commercial featuring Bob Uecker where he gets booted from his seat for acting rowdy.  When security comes to get him, and tells him he's in the wrong seat, Uecker says, "I must be in the front row...". Of course, he ends up in nose bleed seats, and the last shot of him is in the last row of the stadium screaming, "He missed the tag!"  It's hilarious, and unfortunately, I couldn't find a Youtube of it as all the links were broken due to copyright infringement...boo-urns...

Unlike Uecker, yours truly, Son Ranto did sit in the first row yesterday.  For the first time since a 16 inning game against the Atlanta Braves in 1987, I successfully snuck down the the First Row of box seats.  Right behind the Brewers Ball Boy.  I had a little help from my Brother in law, and his neighbor Paul, who actually had tickets in the section.  We did the old, ticket exchange every time someone got up.  I personally paid 10$ for a scalped ticket right in front of the Stadium.  Not bad seats for 10$ eh?


It was a great place to watch the Cubs beat the Brewers 7-2 for the series win anyway.  The only surprises in the game, besides the Cubs scoring 7 runs, was that Matt Garza, who usually swings the bat terribly, had 2 hits!  And his trade baitability, increased 10 fold because of a 7 inning, 7 strikeout appearance.  With Garza's contract up this year, and his proneness to injury, I actually hope he's gone by tonight.  It's a damned shame too, because it would be nice to have Garza as a Cub for the next few years.  I think he's a great pitcher when he's healthy.  Possibly we can resign him in the off season.  He fits in well in Chicago.  

Another notable achievement from yesterday was 2 hits from my man, Starlin Castro.  Now, I've been hard on Starlin this year, but since his benching on Tuesday, he has gone 2-5 in the next two games.  Could this be the turn around we're all waiting for?  Let's hope.  Because if the Cubs are going to complete their World Series plans in 2015, Starlin's going to have to be a part of it.  Too bad Dale didn't bench Castro two weeks ago, when almost every fan in the stands said that's what needed to happen.

Another notable achievement from the game, was Dioner Navarro's 7th home run, a line drive, 3 run shot to right.  He has to be the best hitting back up catcher in the majors. with 7 home runs and 17 RBI's in only 89 at bats over 36 games.  The offensive production out of the Catcher's spot has been impressive, along with Castillo.  The defense, not so much, but as a Cubs' fan in 2013, I'll take what I can get.... 

Like Front Row Seats!!!! 

Check out how close I was to the Sausage Races!

Go Hot Dog!!!!

Hot Dog Wins!!!!

The Sausages exited up my row!!! I'm awesome!!!

Just a quick note if you plan on gambling on the Sausage races, which I did the previous evening, winning a dollar off the Rally Banana.  The Brewers Ballboy told me that there's a broken piece in the Chorizo costume, and it's also the most top heavy.  Chorizo hardly ever wins.  Do you think the Brewers are racist?  Making the latino sausage slowest?  Probably....


Yes.  The front row is definitely the way to watch the Cubs win Matt Garza's last start in pinstripes.  I suggest you all try it sometime.  

Well, it's time to start falling asleep in fron of the TV while watching the game again.  Cubs are in Seattle tonight.  I really wish I could go, but alas, I cannot afford it.  We got Travis Wood 5-6, 2.85 vs Hisashi Iwakuma 7-3, 2.26.  I know nothing about the Mariners except for that they have virtually the same record as the Cubs, and none of their starters are batting over .300, and Aaron Harang, who the Cubs face Saturday, is on their team now.  The good news is, we don't have to face King Felix Hernandez!

Well, I won't be at another game until the Cubs come home 7/5.  In the meantime...

http://www.sonranto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment